Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mission Statement

I have been into science fiction for a good chunk of my short existence and I have always had a good laugh at 'pulpy' covers from the 50's to present day. After checking out the blog goodshowsir and having even more laughs, I asked myself 'are there any hidden gems out there with covers this terrible?'. So I am going to read a ridiculous looking sci-fi or Fantasy novel a week until I find that diamond in the rough or lose all of my patience with this little project. Either way, this should be kinda fun.

Arbitrary rules I created for myself:

1. Blog posts are up every Tuesday.
2. No 'classics' in the genre. Starship Troopers and Neuromancer had some far out covers and if I come across those in a store I might share a pic, but they are a known factor.
3. I have to physically own the book. Luckily Chicago has plenty of used book stores to pick through and this shit is cheap.
4. I have to read the entire book with minimal skimming. I am not a masochist.

See you guys on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment